The Official SCMAF Football Rule Book shall govern all SCMAF Flag Football competitions.
HOW TO QUALIFY:
In order to enter any SCMAF Association or Federation Competition, Agencies must register their Youth Football Teams with SCMAF, no later than October 1. All teams must also have participated through a program sponsored, directed, and supervised by an Active or Associate SCMAF Member.
Teams must have qualified through an Association Tournament. In the event that three or more agencies in an Association not holding a tournament wish to participate in the same division, the first teams with the earliest entry shall be selected as the Association representatives.
In the event of openings in a division, Association with the greatest number of teams participating in the Division qualifying tournament (Associate level) will be offered the opportunity to send additional teams.
CLASSIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY:
- These tournaments are open to boys and girls who do not exceed the age requirements listed below, and who have participated in a municipal-sponsored recreation program. Teams must be promoted, organized, conducted, and supervised by an agency that holds active membership in SCMAF.
- Youth may play in one division only, and for one team in the tournament.
- Playing in a Higher Age Division
Boys and Girls may play one division above their listed age division. Participants may play in only one division in a season.
- Gender Divisions - Girls may compete in boys divisions.
TOURNAMENT REGISTRATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
DEADLINE: Monday, December 2, 2013 10:00 am SCMAF Office
1. SCMAF Team Roster (Must be signed by SCMAF member representative)
2. SCMAF Youth Waiver/Release Form
3. Verification of Birth Date
4. Entry fee $205 plus $40 for insurance for teams that did not participate in a qualifying tournament. Make checks payable to SCMAF, Entry will not be accepted without fee
2013 COMPETITION DIVISIONS:
The year born is the primary criteria for determining the age for competition. Players must provide written verification of date of birth. Special provision players using grade for the division must provide written verification of current grade.
Division A- Born in 2000 or 2001
Players who are born in 2000 or 2001 and players born in 1999 and in a grade no higher than 8th are eligible.
Division B - Born in 2002 or 2003
Players who are born in 2002 or 2003 and players born in 2001 and in a grade no higher than 6th are eligible.
Division C - Born in 2004 or 2005
Players who are born in 2004 or 2005 and players born in 2003 and in a grade no higher than 4th are eligible.
PLAYING IN A HIGHER AGE DIVISION: Boys and girls may play one division above their listed age division. Participants may play in only one division in a season.
GENDER DIVISIONS:There is no Girls Division so Girls may compete with the Boys in all Divisions (COED).
YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL OFFICIAL ROSTER FORM (Word document)
YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL OFFICIAL ROSTER FORM (pdf writable file)