SCMAF RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The referee/starter will have the authority to disqualify any swimmer who false starts, or has incorrect strokes or turns. When SCMAF novice rules are not specified, United States Swimming Rules found in the US Swim Guide, will apply.
2. Two hand touches on breaststrokes and butterfly
3. No alternating kicks on butterfly or breaststroke.
4. Swimmers must remain on back during swim on backstroke, turning over at the finish will not be called on younger swimmers.
5. Swimmers must touch the wall on the turn end of longer events.
6. Arm strokes for breaststroke and butterfly must be simultaneous; No freestyle arms
7. Any questions on stroke infractions will be reviewed by the meet referee and that decision is final.
NOTE: A swimmer’s event number will be called, usually over the loudspeaker. The swimmer will be asked to report to the “bullpen”. Please make sure swimmers bring their cap and goggles. Swim Coaches are responsible to get the swimmer to their lane. If a swimmer misses their event, NO make-ups will be allowed.
HOW AWARDS ARE TABULATED
1. Swimmers are seeded and swim based on their entered times.
2. Once the results are tabulated , any swimmers that are disqualified or did not participate in their heat will be removed from the results.
3. The remaining swimmers are divided into approximately four (4) equal groups (A, B, C, and D Division) and each group is then ranked by time.
4. Rankings are based on SCMAF final finish times, NOT seeded time regardless of when they swim during the meet.
5. Awards (medals and ribbons) will be presented to the swimmers who place first thru sixth for each event in the A, B, C and D Divisions.