August is Family Fun Month! There are so many options for families to really enjoy each other. There are lots of options beyond watching television or playing video games together. What types of activities might a family do during this month? Here are a few suggestions for your family to enjoy:
1. Visit Your
2. Play Sports. Grab a ball, maybe a glove or a bat and go outside as a family to play some games. Don’t want to play your traditional types of sports? Try some fun games such as H.O.R.S.E., Around the World or Monkey in the Middle. Maybe you can make up your own type of game using existing sports equipment.
3. Book Night! You don’t always have to leave the house to have fun. Take a trip to the local library and check out some books so you can huddle up with your family and read. You might want to include a longer novel where everyone can read a chapter or two, then have a snack, read a couple more, then talk about the book. Have a fun time with reading.
4. Go Camping! Pack up your tents, sleeping bags and canteens and book a weekend camping trip with the family. Do some fishing, hiking or biking wherever you end up going. It is a great time to spend with the whole family. Don’t forget to bring the marshmallows!
5. Visit an Amusement Park. What child wouldn’t want to spend a day at their favorite local amusement park? Select a day to take the family and go enjoy some rides, a water park, or just playing some games. Look for discounts on admission at many of the local amusement parks for being a
6. Bake! Kids always love to help out in the kitchen when sweets are involved. Ask them what their favorite types of cookies or treats are. Go to the store a family to buy the ingredients and have some fun in the kitchen making your treats. After the work has been completed, enjoy your treats together as a family.
7. Family Game Night. Who doesn’t love to play games? One person gets to pick out their favorite board or card game and have the whole family join in on the fun. Make some popcorn or buy some special game time snacks to enjoy while playing. Create your own family board game and play. You could even find a puzzle for the whole family to work on.
Just remember the purpose of Family Fun Month is to enjoy spending time together as a family because a family that spends time together has a blast together!