This page is to provide Cross Country participants with basic information on the SCMAF Cross Country program, and the rules and policies which pertain to their participation in the program.
The SCMAF Cross County Invitational is an open meet for the following events: 1K, 2K, and 3K.
2023 XC COURSE 1K
Divisions 16 thru 14
2023 XC COURSE 2K
Divisions 13 thru 11
2022 XC COURSE 3K
Divisions 10 thru 08
Registration Begins at 8:55 am*
Race Walk Through begins at 9:20 am*
1st Race Starts at 10:00 am*
RAIN OR SHINE!!!
*Times subject to change
The Official SCMAF Youth Sports Rules shall govern all SCMAF Cross Country competitions.
1. A runner committing two (2) false starts shall be disqualified.
2. A runner shall be liable for disqualification if he/she interferes, obstructs, or gains an advantage over another runner or runners.
In order to compete in a SCMAF Invitational Meet, the following eligibility criteria must be met:
- Participants must compete in their age division.
- Participants must turn in the SCMAF Youth Waiver/Release Form
- Verification of Birth Date
- Entry fee payable to SCMAF, Entry will not be accepted without fee
($13 per participant)
The following age groups shall be used for the SCMAF Cross Country competitions: Year Born: 2006 and older, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. Gender Divisions: boys and girls will compete in separate boys and girls divisions; men and women will compete in separate men and women divisions.
Shoes: All participants must wear shoes in competition.
Spikes: Track and turf spikes are not permitted. Track shoes designed for spikes are not allowed, even if the spikes are removed.
Medals will be awarded to the first five (5) places in each individual event. Ribbons will be awarded to sixth (6) through tenth (10) place finishers in each individual event.