Welcome to the SCMAF Youth Flag Football page!
This page is to provide Youth Flag Football Teams registered with the Southern California Municipal Athletic Federation (SCMAF) with basic information on the SCMAF Flag Football program, and the rules and policies which pertain to their participation in the program.
SCMAF Flag Football provides for boys and girls ages 8-13 the opportunity to compete in a sport of exciting play while learning the fundamentals of football and lessons of sportsmanship and teamwork. SCMAF Flag Football is played between two (2) teams, each consisting of eight (8) players where all players are eligible on offense. Standing blocking for offensive lineman is allowed, but under no circumstances is tackling permitted.
In order to enter any SCMAF Association or Federation Competition, Agencies must register their Youth Football Teams with SCMAF, no later than October 1. All teams must also have participated through a program sponsored, directed, and supervised by an Active or Associate SCMAF Member.
Teams must have qualified through an Association Tournament. In the event that three or more agencies in an Association not holding a tournament wish to participate in the same division, the first teams with the earliest entry shall be selected as the Association representatives.
In the event of openings in a division, Association with the greatest number of teams participating in the Division qualifying tournament (Association level) will be offered the opportunity to send additional teams.
1. SCMAF Team Roster (Must be signed by SCMAF member representative)
2. SCMAF Youth Waiver/Release Form
3. Verification of Birth Date
4. All coaches must complete the Free CDC Online Concussion Awareness Training www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/youth.html (Printed Certificate required)
5. Entry fee $235 plus $40 for insurance for teams that did not participate in a qualifying tournament. Make checks payable to SCMAF, Entry will not be accepted without fee