The County of Los Angeles Department of Parks and Recreation, in conjunction with the American Red Cross, is excited to announce that a series of Learn to Swim Scholarships will be made available for the Learn to Swim Program this upcoming Winter and Spring Season. These scholarships will be made available at the five (5) year-round pools for kids 5-17 years old. These year-round locations are as follows:
· Belvedere Community Pool (5035 E 1st St, East Los Angeles, CA 90022)
· Castaic Sports Complex Pool (31350 Castaic Rd, Castaic, CA 91384)
· Jesse Owens Community Regional Park Pool (9835 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90047)
· San Fernando Regional Pool (300 Park Ave, San Fernando, CA 91340)
· Franklin D Roosevelt Park Pool (7600 Graham Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90001)
The Learn to Swim Scholarships are being provided as a limited release, as well as a first come, first serve basis. All you have to do is complete the Scholarship Application (available online) as well as provide proof of enrollment in the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program. Upon completion and submission, your application will be reviewed for acceptance.
Please note that completion and submission of application forms does not ensure you are awarded a scholarship. Applications must be reviewed prior to designation of scholarship. Scholarship process must be completed for each child in the household applying and for each session. Scholarships are only for the Youth Learn to Swim Program and are not applicable for any other Aquatics program or Youth program.
For a step by step breakdown, feel free to consult this graphic.
For questions, contact LA County Parks at email@example.com or (626) 588-5364
For questions, contact LA County Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 588-5364.