Welcome to the SCMAF Volleyball page!
This page is to provide Youth Volleyball Teams registered with the Southern California Municipal Athletic Federation (SCMAF) with basic information on the SCMAF Volleyball program, and the rules and policies which pertain to their participation in the program.
SCMAF Volleyball is an indoor team sport in which two teams consisting of six players each try to score points by grounding a ball on the other team's court while hitting it over a net. The Official SCMAF Youth Sports Volleyball Rules shall govern all SCMAF Volleyball Tournaments.
Divisions "A" & "B"
Gym Open: 8:00 AM
Coaches Meeting: TBA
First Games Start: TBA
Type of Tournament: Pool Play & Single Elimination Bracket
HOW TO QUALIFY: Teams must have qualified through an Association Tournament.
TOURNAMENT REGISTRATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
1. SCMAF Team Roster (Must be signed by SCMAF member representative)
2. SCMAF Youth Waiver/Release Form
3. Verification of Birth Date
4. All coaches must complete the Free CDC Online Concussion Awareness Training www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/youth.html (Printed Certificate required)
5. Entry fee $205 plus $30 for insurance for teams that did not participate in a SCMAF qualifying tournament. Make checks payable to SCMAF, Entry will not be accepted without fee
2022 COMPETITION DIVISIONS:
Age - The year born is the primary criteria for determining the age for competition. Players must provide written verification of date of birth. Special provision players using grade for the division must provide written verification of current grade.
The following divisions shall be used for all SCMAF Volleyball competitions:
Division A - Born in 2009 or 2010
Players who are born in 2009 or 2010 and players born in 2005 and in a grade no higher than 8th are eligible.
Division B - Born in 2011 or 2012
Players who are born in 2011 or 2012 and players born in 2007 and in a grade no higher than 6th are eligible.